Monday, June 27, 2016

Encourage One Another




I got a special package in the mail today that lifted my heart.  It was from a friend met on the Internet.  It contained these things:  a beautiful teapot in a decorative box and an assortment of teas, a handmade bark basket that now proudly sits on my dining table filled with rocks and acorns gathered by her children, and a letter. 







The teapot is inscribed with this poem: 

I said a prayer for you today
and know God must have heard. 
I felt the answer in my heart
although  He spoke no word.

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
I knew you wouldn't mind.
I asked Him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind.

I asked that He'd be near you
at the start of each new day
to grant you health and blessings
and friends to share our way.

I asked for happiness for you
in all things great and small
but it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all.


I think God engineers lives intersecting and through her kindness He showed me that He loves me and I am not alone.  Thank you, friend.  Your encouragement has touched me more than you'll ever know. 


Linda

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see. :) I am so glad you've seen God's love through this. That's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete