Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finally beginning

One of my favorite authors, Chaim Potok, said all beginnings are hard, and it must be true because it's taken me several years to finally start a blog.  The thing that finally spurred me to action was that I want to be a participant rather than just a lurker.  And lately I've been thinking of blog posts that melt away when I don't do them.  Like all inspiration, I guess.  My uncle said ideas were like the manna the children of Israel were fed in the wilderness.  They last for a day.  So today I'm starting. 

I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband.  I love fiber arts, knitting and crochet.  Sometimes I quilt.  I do a half-baked job of gardening.  I am a writer of fiction.  I am a Christian.  I love having my sons over and spending time with my grandsons. 

I am linking to Ginny's Yarnalong today just so I don't chicken out and delete this thing in its infancy.  As usual I have too many projects going, but what can I say, I love starting. 

I'm just beginning this hat for my son who is a big Seahawks fan.  But first I have to have the graph blown up for my ancient eyes. 

12th Man-Eyes on You Hat KIT

Available at http://www.yorkshireyarns.com/ my lys. 

Reading Sentinels of Andersonville, by Tracy Groot.  I love her writing, but am thoroughly depressed by the conditions in that prison.  I'm actually looking forward to be done with it, but I can't stop reading.

Enjoy your first week of October, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment